Rebranding an 100-year history
Montelupo Fiorentino just outside Florence is where Bitossi Ceramiche first started its ceramic manufacturing in 1921 founded by Guido Bitossi. Classic and traditional style was evolutionised to modernity by art directed by Aldo Londi in the fifties with his aesthetic sense in the taste and the uniqueness of the Italian products. Ettore Sottsass’ collaboration triggered to be the key moment in defining design oriented Bitossi Ceramiche of the past thirty years with many designers and artists contributing. We were asked to rebrand visual communication as part of a long collaboration: photographic campaign art direction, Salone del Mobile stand concept and design, catalogues and other print materials, museum graphic, overseeing the company’s visual communication.